Yamaha RX-V1900 Resets DVR Resolution at start-up
goodguyed
Enthusiast - Level 1

This post contributes some additional information to a previously closed thread.  My Yamaha RX-V1900 receiver resets the resolution on my Verizon (Motorola) HD DVR to 720i when it initially connects to the DVR.  The previous post recommended connecting the DVR directly to the TV and running a separate audio connection to the receiver.  That solution works and can be implemented simply enough, but there is an alternative IF you have the ability to control the timing of the connections (TV, Receiver, DVR) at start-up.

I have learned that the reset happens when the receiver connects to the DVR before the TV has completed its start-up sequence.  I have no idea why it matters, and I have tweaked every setting on the Receiver to no avail.  By delaying communications between the Receiver and the DVR the problem can be avoided.  My Harmony One remote allows me to do that. 

My Samsung LED TV (UN46C7000) typically takes 8-10 seconds or more to "warm up" (first attempts to connect to a source appear to happen after 6-7 seconds).  The receiver takes no more than a second or two to start and immediately executes a handshake on its selected input.  I used my Harmony One remote to ensure the following start-up sequence:

1. TV on

2. Receiver on, connected to any input other than the DVR.  (I used an inactive input to avoid a potential burst of audio.)

3. A 7-second IR delay on the Receiver

4. Connect the Receiver to the DVR

Again, the solution is not elegant, but it works for me.  Hopefully, this solution will be helpful to someone else.

Have a great day!

Re: Yamaha RX-V1900 Resets DVR Resolution at start-up
Peter_VZ
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you very much for the additional information, To any of our customers having the same issues, now you have 2 options for a work around. If there are any other suggestions for this issue please let us know.

Thanks again,

Peter C

0 Likes