You Tube Widget
yank1

You Tube videos will not play on you tube widget..This has been happening the last 3 days.

0 Likes
Re: You Tube Widget
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

The YouTube widget requires you to install and keep running the Media Manager program on your computer to function. Do you have this installed? If so, is the computer turned on and running that program?

0 Likes
tmmcc

media manager is always up and running but since 10/28/2011 everytime I try to play a you tube video on the you tube widget all that happens is I get a red hand and comment saying "error playing video"  What gives and whois responsible for fixing the problem?  Please help!!

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

Have you ever been able to watch youtube videos? One common problem for it to not work is the computers firewall blocking the incoming and outgoing requests. Please make sure you can either listen to music or look at pictures from your computer on your television through the STB.

0 Likes
tmmcc

It was working fine until the evening of 10/28/2011. Please don't insult me with solutions that only someone with no computer knowledge would not know and yes everything but the you tube widget is working fine. So please help. I don't want to have to switch services. Thanks in advance.   tmm

0 Likes
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry you felt insulted at my attempt to assist you. Whenever anyone posts about having troubles, we have no frame of reference to their technical ability. It was never my attempt insult you, merely help. Should you want to go through troubleshooting, please send me a private message.

0 Likes
FiosSinceYr
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was not for last 3 days. But seems to be working OK now.

0 Likes