Your estimated hold time is 15 minutes.
jnmarshall
Enthusiast - Level 3

This was the message I recieved lastnite as I was calling to cancel my Fios TV service after a month of fowl ups.

Seriously, anyone considering FIOS, if I had to do it all over again, I would choose Time Warner!

Long story short. Last month upgraded my 10/2 internet to a bundle for 15/5 and PrimeHD. The Verizon install monkey [was actually a nice friendly guy but his only tool of trade appears to be a pair of wire cutters as you will see] comes out and cuts all my cables, including the satellite feeds! Leaves the ends on the existing blocks claiming to be some **bleep** city code that he would get fined for. Upon leaving I have my new Fios sort of working, except one of the boxes was bad and I have to wait for UPS to deliver a new one the following week.

1st week, my satellite no longer works. After a call to them they send out a tech that finds the wires from the dish cut and now too short to use. SO!! $60 later new wires and diplex switches installed I now have satellite and about 10% fios functionality. No channels, not guide, no info, no on demand, etc...

2nd week, call verizon. Talk to James in service, their service department is now located in college campus dorms!! Where James is having a party. He and his supervisor Mr. Brown can not locate my records. I do not exist! Even my old account is now deactivated as of the bundle upgrade. They found an old GTE phone account from 10 years ago!

3rd week. Now dealing with thier Business/Billing office. It seems my account information in SSP was entered with 999-999-9999 as my phone number and no service address was entered! Finally got all that corrected!

4th week. Called service. In a 1hr 20min call I was switched from service to sales and told it would cost $54.99 to send an installer out to reinstall the service. I was then sent back to service to be informed that fios and satellite can not co-exist and if I had contacted them in 7 days I could have had a new cable properly installed. So back to sales. After 20 minutes on hold listing the false propergander I decided I had enough of the {word filter avoidance} contest and hung up.

5th week. Called lastnite after deciding to cancel. I decided I would either see if I can get my 10/2 M2M plan restarted and go to Time Warner for TV since they have a much more complete lineup and lower equipment costs. Worse cass I would ditch FIOS and suffer with a cable modem, still cheaper offering. More channels but lower speeds. And they coexist with satellite!

So after my 15 minute hold which was actually 25 minutes I am speaking with Ebele about canceling my service. Of course she wants to know why, Told her the service has not been installed and working correctly. She puts me on hold and keeps checking back every 2 minutes as she was trying to find a superviser to correct the issue. After 10 minutes, she says she can no longer stay on the line with me, they have an imposed time limit!! So I am transfered to Eric in service and the call was dropped in the transfer!

I think oh {word filter avoidance} another call and more time wasted! So I call back, just intent to cancel as service can not be provided. As I'm waiting on hold to my surprise Eric calls back. Hears the story and understands the issue. Scheduled an installer for monday to pull a dedicated cable at no charge.

So if all goes well, I will have Satellite and fios in 1 room, but only fios in the second room as I did not pay another $60 to repair the verizon damage to reconnect that satellite feed.

We will see where and how this goes!

0 Likes
Re: Your estimated hold time is 15 minutes.
jnmarshall
Enthusiast - Level 3

UPDATE:

Verizon was a no show for the service appointment scheduled between 8a-10a. Not surprised. When I called at 10a after the usual 15+minute wait I was told their service people were running behind. New estimated window was between 1p-9p!!!!!!!!

I have rescheduled for this weekend again between 8a-10a.

Interestingly while waiting for someone to answer instead of an approximate wait time I was greeted with "We are experiencing heavy call volumes" and something about considering other support options. Wonder why?

TWC may have a new customer after the weekend if this is not resolved.

0 Likes
jnmarshall
Enthusiast - Level 3

Latest update while Verizon forums are working.

Tech showed saturday morning as scheduled. Immediatly saw the problems. Made some excuse that the original installer must have been from "out of town" as this was not how this should have been installed. From there he began his work for the next couple of hours of reparing the damaged cables and running replacement wires as needed.

It's not perfect, but it's best that can be done with what was working. Here's what I started with and what I have in the end.

Original setup

TV terrestial antenna wired to all outlets

Satellite signals to 2 TVs (Living Room and MBedroom) Diplexers used where needed.

Final setup

Verizon FIOS to all wired outlets

TV terrestial antenna to 2 jacks currently not in use (No TV)

Satellite signal to Living Room only as a seperate cable run in parallel with FIOS.

No Diplexers in use:(

In the end I have to give up my terrestial antenna and about 50+ local channels not carried on FIOS or Satellite:( And lost Satellite feed to the MBedroom

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Oh, the first installer tried to share lines between verizon and satelite?!?!

No wonder you were having problems. While you can (with work) share cables with some tv connections (I.E. terrestial antenna and Verizon), It wont work with a dish. Dish's require an electrical signal on the line that can actually damage other devices. Never a good idea to try and share a dish with any cable system. Sounds like Verizon got you up, but yeah, If you want to keep the dish, you will need individual runs for them.

0 Likes