closed caption too fast
lynda10

Not a problem on all live shows and never a problem with old tv.  We have new Vizio w/H.D.  Closed caption not available through TV when HD connection.  When through DVR box it is so fast on so many shows it's impossible to read.  Verizon tech no help!  Either don't really understand the problem or don't care.  My husband, the one who needs it, is so angry wants to go back to Comcast.  The size of captioning is fine, it's the speed.  Is there an answer out there?

0 Likes
Re: closed caption too fast
Hubrisnxs
Legend

when you click on the * key on the remote (it's labeled cc and is the closed caption button on the fios remote)  then make sure to try ALL the closed captions.   cc1 may be faster than cc2, or cc3, or cc4, or cc5 or cc6

try the different CC's and see if one works better than the other.    there are also some advanced cc options in the STB but I think they mimic very closely the cc1, 2, 3, 4 etc that I mentioned earlier.

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@Hubrisnxs wrote:

when you click on the * key on the remote (it's labeled cc and is the closed caption button on the fios remote)  then make sure to try ALL the closed captions.   cc1 may be faster than cc2, or cc3, or cc4, or cc5 or cc6

try the different CC's and see if one works better than the other.    there are also some advanced cc options in the STB but I think they mimic very closely the cc1, 2, 3, 4 etc that I mentioned earlier.

The only CC mode that seems to work (at least for me on a 7216) is CC1.  All the others don't display any CC information.  YMMV

0 Likes
dhlunar
Enthusiast - Level 3

I noticed the speed of closed caption being fast on a couple of shows where fast also.  I remember reading something in a prior bill regarding making a complaint about closed captions, and I found the following: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp/fiostv/troubleshooting/onscreen+menus/questionsone/124219.h...

Hope this helps!

0 Likes