dui message on HD DVR
mizx

Ever since we installed a new HD DVR, we have had too many instances of being sent to the FIOS instruction channel, instead of the channel number that we have input via the remote. Every time this happens we get a "dui" display and then the wrong channel. How can we fix this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: dui message on HD DVR
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

Don't know about your redirect issue, but the message you are getting in the DVR display is actually "DVI" (DUI is the closest the display can make).  This occurs when the DVR tries to HDMI handshake with the device to which it is connected.

My only suggestion would be to try Component (3 wire video - red, green, blue but still does full 1080i HD) and see if your problem goes away (be sure to disconnect the HDMI cable when trying this).  There are other known HDMI handshake issues with some AVRs (audio / video receivers) and TVs, but this is the first I have heard of your specific problem.

0 Likes
Re: dui message on HD DVR
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Sounds like the problem where you were having trouble landing on the correct channel after putting a specific channel it goes to channel 1951 or something?

if that is the case then you need to clear the nvmem on the unit, and to do that, Go to Menu> Settings > System info > Type 2617, (you should see a confirm message)  then hit OK. STB will reset. This should clear trouble.

0 Likes