fios closed caption
QCguy

My fios seems to cancel out my hdtv closed caption options and replaces them with a single choice of CC1 on the fios remote.

Is there any way to overide the Fios and use the default settings that come with the TV. I need to be able to adjust font size etc. for an elderly viewer.

Any help would be great.

0 Likes
Re: fios closed caption
Hubrisnxs
Legend

You should be able to turn off closed captioning,  you can do that from the remote by hitting the star key and cycling through CC1, CC2, CC3, CC4, CC5 and CC6 finally selecting OFF

or you can go to menu

settings

accessibility

closed captions.  and select off

this is only available on the HD cable boxes and DVR receivers

CC is not available on the smaller DCT 700 converter boxes, or the 2500 standard definition motorola boxes at all. 

have you tried this route yet ?

0 Likes
QCguy

Thanks for your response. I have done that. When the Fios cc is turned off I still cannot access the Panasonic cc in the tv itself using the Panasonic remote. If i disconnect the set top box the panasonic cc works but of course I get no picture. It seems like the hook up to Fios cancels out the Pansonic cc.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

So if you disconnect the FiOS cable box, the Panasonic CC works?   meaning it's accessible, but while the FiOS cable box is installed the CC is inaccessible in the panasonic menu?

0 Likes
QCguy

Yes, that's the situation. It's kinda crazy

0 Likes