fios on demand video breakup
johnme1
Enthusiast - Level 2
given attempts made to get an answer to the simplest of issues blows away fios support such that I am asked what I was attempting, hell even my os and browser, when I did not get an ebill, I figure might as well see what the forum has for me and if I am on the only one with ondemand issues: specifically, I have viewed three on-demand movies and all of them have had video breakup, and at times, a horrid experience. the first night we rented two movies, sometime back, we noticed as the afternoon progressed into evening the breakup worsened to the point of unacceptable. we decided not to use on-demand again, but our potter2 did not arrive as expected and my wife could not wait so we rented the movie. the breakup was so bad I recorded some of it and thinking about youtbubing it. so the question: has anyone else noticed the quality lessen as the time of the movie falls within what I consider higher demand hours of the day for movies, the evening? I understand this could be a local thing, misconfiguration or faulty item somewhere nearby, keeping the issue to my area, but I am wondering if this widespread, is it bandwidth, the server(s) that feed the movie need, whatever. NOTE: not having much breakup otherwise, normal viewing. thanks.
0 Likes
Re: fios on demand video breakup
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

That is definately not normal or typical of the Video On Demand (VOD) service. The VOD goes through the router as internet traffic back and forth to our servers. Here are a couple of things that can be done to alleviate it

1) Unscrew , from both ends, the coax from the wall to the set top box

2) Unscrew , from both ends, the coax from the wall to the router

3) Screw all 4 connections back on

3) Unplug router for 30 seconds

Wait about 5 minutes then try renting a free VOD title to verify the problem has gone away. If it hasn't , try hard retting the router by holding in the reset button in the back for 15 seconds. This will clear out any customized settings you may have changed in the router. If you are still having break ups with the VOD, please send me a private message so we can get more information about your account.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Re: fios on demand video breakup
jcsargent

same hing as reported in search. sat down to enjoy a valentines movie   dinner and a movie. one hour after capt phillips started sound had dropouts then video went south. restarted the movie and fast forwarded it taking ver 30 min to get back. same thing. i will never rent another movie again.

0 Likes