Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Contributor
DcmFD
0 Kudos

how do i split the digital signal for PIP?

My tv requires 2 separate A/V inputs to use PIP. How do I split the incoming signal without affecting the signal strength to STB? Everytime I connect a slpitter, the signal looses stregth and I can't HD out of my STB only digital, not HD. Is there a fix or solution for this problem?

Silver Contributor IV
jumpin68ny
0 Kudos

Re: how do i split the digital signal for PIP?

So here is the problem with doing PIP.

If you split the signal before the STB and assume the signal strength was strong enough, you now have a wire that needs another STB or digital apapter.  

If you split the wire before the STB and plug one end into the STB and the other into your TV you will not get a picture from the other wire.  That wire requires the use of another STB or a digital adapter to display a picture.

Does that make sense?

Bronze Contributor II
Carl
Device: VHO3 Lumia 928
Plan: 70/35-W7MC,CableCARD
0 Kudos

Re: how do i split the digital signal for PIP?

DcmFD wrote:

My tv requires 2 separate A/V inputs to use PIP. How do I split the incoming signal without affecting the signal strength to STB? Everytime I connect a slpitter, the signal looses stregth and I can't HD out of my STB only digital, not HD. Is there a fix or solution for this problem?

It is just the nature of beast in that when you add a 2:1 splitter, you will lose 3.5dbm of signal strength (more loss per leg the larger the splitter.. IIRC a 4:1 splitter a is 7 or 7.5 dbm loss.)

How many splitters do you currently have from the ONT to that STB? Do you have any 4:1 splitters in the path that you could swap with a 3:1 or 2:1 (leaving no open legs)? 

I will leave it to someone else to recommeand a MOCA amplifier, but that may be you only possible solution. It would have to be a MoCA amplifier, as the STB requires 1150Mhz to receive guide info, etc.. A traditional signal booster typically does not pass frequencies higher that 850-950Mhz. 

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411