how many tvs can I have with fios?
rollinthunder

So currently I have directv for tv and verizon fios for internet and phone. IM moving to a larger home soon and want to go ahead and bundle all three together as im sick of "searching for signal" during a light breeze. But im concerned about the number of set top boxes it lets me add online. I have 12 tvs currenty on directv. 2 DVR models and then 10 HD boxes. All on whole home, this is a perfect set up for me and I want to keep it. But I cant find any info on the number of tvs allowed by verizon. Directv is 15 tvs. Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: how many tvs can I have with fios?
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

I believe its messy if you have that many TV's.  Has to do with the maximum number of MOCA connections which is, or at least was, 8.  That allows for seven STB/DVR.  At least one person who needed more had to have a second ONT.

rollinthunder

Does having two ONTS require having two seperate contracts with fios (two seperate bills)? I know that on my dish they did an extention and there are two LNBS on there, but only one dish. ITs like an extra wide arm. But I only need one contract and I just lease more receivers. 

0 Likes
KR8CAOS
Enthusiast - Level 2

@rollinthunder wrote:

So currently I have directv for tv and verizon fios for internet and phone. IM moving to a larger home soon and want to go ahead and bundle all three together as im sick of "searching for signal" during a light breeze. But im concerned about the number of set top boxes it lets me add online. I have 12 tvs currenty on directv. 2 DVR models and then 10 HD boxes. All on whole home, this is a perfect set up for me and I want to keep it. But I cant find any info on the number of tvs allowed by verizon. Directv is 15 tvs. Thanks!

This depends on your Pon architecture/ONT Model, call and talk to the Verizon FSC about it. 

0 Likes