m-cards in nj?
lob1
Enthusiast - Level 2

anyone in southern/central nj got an m-card from fios? i was previously told they were available. i placed my order last night and called today to add 2 mcards and am now being told fios doesnt supply m-cards for my tivos?? if this is true i'll have to cancel my order. how could fios not support m-cards?? this totally baffles me.

0 Likes
Re: m-cards in nj?
prisaz
Legend

Most CSRs don't know what an M card or S card is. All they supply now are M Cards. CableCARDS.

0 Likes
lob1
Enthusiast - Level 2

ive tried 2 different CSRs now and gotten nowhere. whats your advice on how i can get my order updated to reflect wanting mcards brought to the install? i just asked to be transfered to tehcnical support but i think i got another cs. that person said what they were looking at told them they only have scards. not sure how to go above their heads so to speak. thanks for your help.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

I would just order the card. Many people here have said they only have M-Cards now. If you search the forums, there have been many discussions. Order the card and when the tech calls before arrival tell them it needs to be an M-card. They will understand. If they show up with an S-card and don't call before they come, turn them away. No charge for a cable card delivery, and if they bring something you can't use, have the tech reschedule. I know it costs you time, but I believe they should show up with a M-card. Now depending on your area it is possible, but not likely, they may be out of cards and have a box full of old cards..

0 Likes
lob1
Enthusiast - Level 2

quick update.. i called my local fios store and sure enough they assured me they had mcards. they told me they would contact CS themselves and get it added. they called back saying all was set.

so i just checked my order status on the "whats next" fios page. sure enough a "cable card rental" line has appeared. and thats not all... 2 "dvrs" (one hd, one sd) have magically appeared on the order? wow. on hold right now to get them removed.  i wonder if the system automatically added them when the cablecards were added? also wondering if it will then furthermore remove the cablecards if both dvrs are removed from the order. pure evil genius.

0 Likes