• RESIDENTIAL
  • BUSINESS

Verizon Business Sites

• WIRELESS
Contributor
krebbers191919
0 Kudos

my DVR says Capacity full, however i have nothing recorded

My DVR says it's at 99% full, however I only have 12 minutes of TV news recorded.  I've tried resetting my STB but that didn't work.  Any suggestions?

Gold Contributor III
Keyboards
Plan: Extreme HD DV /50/25

Re: my DVR says Capacity full, however i have nothing recorded

krebbers191919 wrote:

My DVR says it's at 99% full, however I only have 12 minutes of TV news recorded.  I've tried resetting my STB but that didn't work.  Any suggestions?

When you say you reset the STB, exactley what did you do?  Usually a re-boot of the DVR (either from the menu or by power cycling) will correct the known issue of incorrectly reporting used recording space.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Platinum Contributor I
Hubrisnxs
0 Kudos

there is also a hidden menu command that has been posted on here before.   I think you go to menu > settings > system info.   

this is a static page, you can't go into it or move up and down, you simply need to have it displayed.    here you enter on you rremote  2-6-1-7    and then you should see a message that says "you have executed command such and such"   

and it reboots your box and your back to normal.   

if it doesn't give you that message,   go to www.verizon.com/repair and click on quick fixes for set top boxes, and after your box gets rebooted, then try the command again. 

Copper Contributor
oneintouch

[ Edited ]

This has worked for me in the past:

Press MENU button, then select Customer Support -> In Home Agent -> Set Top Box Auto Correction

(you then follow the simple on-screen prompts, select your box, press right arrow, etc). 

Hope that helps. 

Account & Services

• Pay Bill
  • Add/Change Services
  • Manage My Rewards+
  • Renew Your Contract
  • Manage Services
  • Visual 411

Email, News & TV

• Check Email
  • Announcements

Support Tools