on demand - HBO all boardwalk series work except the one I started yesterday
jgolden1

I started watching a boardwalk episode yesterday, and today it doesnt work, the screen is black and no sound.  All the other episodes work except the one I want to watch. The non-HD version shows video but no sound.  How can I fix this?

0 Likes
Re: on demand - HBO all boardwalk series work except the one I started yesterday
PB85

Think I will piggyback on your thread as I am having a similar problem with both HBO and Cinemax VOD.  Random Cinemax and HBO movies and series appear as black screens or have video with no sound.  Currently I am trying to watch Big Love episode 10.  Just like you said: HD is black and standard definition has no sound. 

0 Likes
Re: on demand - HBO all boardwalk series work except the one I started yesterday
lainoftheWired

This happened to me tonight trying to watch Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World, and it happened to me the other day trying to watch a movie on Cinemax, as well.  First it shows up, but there's no audio, and if you try to stop and restart it, it just goes all black.

Only after 24 hours did the glitch stop for the Showtime movie, which really upsets me because that would imply I'll lose the money I paid for the rental tonight.  Seriously, what is this?

0 Likes
jgolden1

Yeah, mine finally worked after 24 hours.  What are we supposed to do to fix this?  I tried turning the DVR off, unplugging it, getting a system reset... none of them worked.

0 Likes
lainoftheWired

FYI: The rental worked 12 about hours later, and there appeared to be no time penalty incurred.  At least there's that, right?

0 Likes