on screen caller id never worked
iSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi.  Love my fios.  One feature I would like to work is the on-screen caller id.  It works on the phone but does not display on the TV.  I've followed all of the instructions to set it up.  I've also tried the reboot through the menu system of my 64xx series STB, but no luck.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: on screen caller id never worked
jimryan
Enthusiast - Level 3

Set this up yesterday myself for the first time; nearly at the 24 hour waiting period they ask for and it's still not working. This just worked with Cablevision.   Does every feature available from FIOS require a call to Verizon support to get them to fix it???

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

when you do caller id on tv - if its a first time set up and you've waited the 24-48 hour period, then reach out to the chat support link at the bottom of the page, that says contact us.  there might have been a problem with the order for it, and the chat support people can help you clear it. 

0 Likes
iSeeker
Enthusiast - Level 1

After 30 minutes on the phone with tech support, they tell me that caller ID does not work with my STB (6416).  If that were true, wouldn't they have checked that at the beginning of the call?  This came on the heels of being told (after another 30 minutes of questions to try and "fix" the problem of why youtube videos wouldn't play through the youtube app) that the youtube app was discontinued and this is why it wouldn't play videos on my computer through the app.  Seriously.  Is that the default answer for everything you can't fix?  "Sorry sir, but that just won't work with your configuration".  OK, BUT WHY NOT CHECK THAT BEFORE GOING THROUGH YOUR IDIOTIC QUESTIONING!!!

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@iSeeker wrote:

After 30 minutes on the phone with tech support, they tell me that caller ID does not work with my STB (6416).  If that were true, wouldn't they have checked that at the beginning of the call?  This came on the heels of being told (after another 30 minutes of questions to try and "fix" the problem of why youtube videos wouldn't play through the youtube app) that the youtube app was discontinued and this is why it wouldn't play videos on my computer through the app.  Seriously.  Is that the default answer for everything you can't fix?  "Sorry sir, but that just won't work with your configuration".  OK, BUT WHY NOT CHECK THAT BEFORE GOING THROUGH YOUR IDIOTIC QUESTIONING!!!

What you were told is totally and completely wrong! I have a QIP6416 (a -1, the original mode that Verizon delivered), have had it for 5 1/2 years, and for the 1 1/2 years since Caller ID on TV became available in my area it has worked. It works on my 6416 and it works on one of my 2500s; it won't work on the other 2500 because it is an older model (-1) that does not have the capacity to support it.

I don't know why they would tell you that, it is just flat wrong.

Keller, TX 76248