Add or Change Services

Renew or Change Bundle

Review Account

Manage My Internet

Manage My Voice

• Support  

Community help

• Watch FiOS  

Watch thousands of your favorite TV shows and movies On Demand and Live. Rent or buy your favorites and watch them on any device. Or, check what's on tonight and program your DVR. You can do it all!

Watch Free TV & Movies

Rent or Buy

Set your TV Viewing Experience

• Trending  

Check out this personalized, real-time feed featuring the latest content and entertainment from around the Web including new headlines, sports, entertainment and more.

See what's Trending!

Copper Contributor
shymedq87
0 Kudos

prices of set top boxes?

what are the current prices for the set top boxes?

Silver Contributor I
sangs
0 Kudos

Re: prices of set top boxes?

In my area it's $19.99 for a multi-room DVR; $16.99 for a DVR and $6.99 for an HD STB. (Not sure what the SD equipment or CableCard fees are.)

Silver Contributor I
mattheww
0 Kudos

I don't believe SD equipment is available any longer. If you have it, you can obviously keep using it, but no new orders are being accepted for SD equipment.

Platinum Contributor I
prisaz
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Outside of NY/NJ the HD-STBs at $11.99, but if you have more than one box you can get discounts.

Silver Contributor I
sangs

prisaz wrote:

Outside of NY/NJ the HD-STBs at $11.99, but if you have more than one box you can get discounts.

Is that right? $12 for a non-DVR box? That's pretty ridiculous. 

Nickel Contributor
joker211
0 Kudos

SD boxes are no more.  Plus they are slow and painful to use

Platinum Contributor I
prisaz
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

sangs wrote:

prisaz wrote:

Is that right? $12 for a non-DVR box? That's pretty ridiculous. 

Well right now I have no Verizon STBs or DVRs. I am running a Media Center Server with eight tuners, and 5 Extenders. Two CableCARDs at $3.99 each. I cut about $50+ off of my bill, but if you already have X-boxes, and other hardware to configure, I figure my payback 13-14 months easy! I gave up VOD and the other options, and can remotely program my Media Center too. Un like TiVO I am not paying a monthly charge to Microsoft, so my old TiVO HD collects dust now.

I guess when the VMS1100 and IPC1100 hardware comes out, there will be mor flexable pricing options I hope. I hope the IPC1100 will not cost $12.

$7 for an HD box, and I think that was only after the $2 national price increase. So the NY/NJ were only paying $5!

Copper Contributor
black_hound
0 Kudos

I don't believe SD equipment is available any longer. If you have it, you can obviously keep using it, but no new orders are being accepted for SD equipment.

i didn't order one, but I just got sent one as a replacement for my Motorola 7100 HD box. When I renewed my 2 year contract I was told I had the wrong box and they sent me a 2500 SD box. Needless to say, I'm not pleased and the drama shall commence .....

My Verizon

Support Tools

Watch FiOS

Trending

• Visual 411