Re: "du1" code on box
vohana

After the update I noticed that I would lose sound when switching back and forth between channels (watching two shows at once - checking scores).  I am losing sound on one channel that I switch to and two channels on either side of it.  The other channel remains fine along with the rest.  It will resets if  I switch through my hdmi inputs or turn the box completely off it will also reset. 

VERY ANNOYING!  Why sell something if it doesn't work.  What am I paying for?

Refuse to go to component cables as per Verizon customer service.  They said they have no schedule for a fix.  They said it is a "known" problem with a few models of TV's...Like Samsung, Vizio and others.  Only some of the most popular ones!  I have switched boxes from my DVR to regular HD box and it still happens. 

I get the DUI flash when I switch inputs or turn on the box.  Don't remember that before a month ago (March 5).

Good luck all!

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@vohana wrote:

After the update I noticed that I would lose sound when switching back and forth between channels (watching two shows at once - checking scores).  I am losing sound on one channel that I switch to and two channels on either side of it.  The other channel remains fine along with the rest.  It will resets if  I switch through my hdmi inputs or turn the box completely off it will also reset. 

VERY ANNOYING!  Why sell something if it doesn't work.  What am I paying for?

Refuse to go to component cables as per Verizon customer service.  They said they have no schedule for a fix.  They said it is a "known" problem with a few models of TV's...Like Samsung, Vizio and others.  Only some of the most popular ones!  I have switched boxes from my DVR to regular HD box and it still happens. 

I get the DUI flash when I switch inputs or turn on the box.  Don't remember that before a month ago (March 5).

Good luck all!

Yes they have had issues with HDMI for a few years now. Everytime they fix some they break others. The ONLY solution is to switch to component cables. Personally I dont understand why so many people are dead set against using component cables. There is NO differnce in quality as far as the picture is concerned. Both HDMI and Component can carry the 1080i signal (most HD is in 720 anyway right now). The only difference between the two types of cable is that the HDMI can carry 1080p signal. No channel broadcasts in 1080p and Verizon doesnt carry the 1080p so therefore there is no need for the HDMI. The only reason that I see is if you have visible connections, the HDMI is 1 cable, where as the component are 5 cables. But other than that, there is no difference. And Verizon is not selling HDMI. That is not part of their service. They offer HD programming and the equipment to do so. Their systems are capible of giving you everything you pay for so they are meeting their obligations. Granted it would be nice if their systems could give you HDMI as well, but from their prospective, they didnt provide you a TV, they just provide the motorola box. The motorola box is not compatible with your TV's HDMI system, but it will work fine with Component cables (that verizon will provide free of charge). They are doing what they can. They will never get the HDMI to work with everyone, until ALL companies (TV manufactures, Broadcasters, Cable companies, and All the manufactures that make HDMI components) all agree on a standardized format for HDMI. The problem right now is that not all devices speak the same HDMI "language".

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1

@spacedebris wrote:
Both HDMI and Component can carry the 1080i signal (most HD is in 720 anyway right now). The only difference between the two types of cable is that the HDMI can carry 1080p signal.
Correction: Most HD channels are in 1080i
0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

but most HD programs  are in 720

Now your right that most channels will broadcast in 1080i so if the program is in 1080 it will go out in 1080. And you will be even more correct in the not to distant future. But right now, programs in 720 still outnumber the programs in 1080 nearly 2 to 1 (but that number is dropping constantly  Smiley Wink )

0 Likes