radio on phone
cgolden

Have had fios tv, phone and internet for over a year.  Just got a new tv and now have am radio on my phone.  If the tv is unplugged all is fine but just  plug it in and the radio is on the phone.  any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: radio on phone
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@cgolden wrote:

Have had fios tv, phone and internet for over a year.  Just got a new tv and now have am radio on my phone.  If the tv is unplugged all is fine but just  plug it in and the radio is on the phone.  any ideas?

Get a another new TV?

Seriously, I don't see how this has anything to do with FiOS.  There is no AM radio signal on the FiOS network.  You could try a surge suppresor or UPS on the TV which may make the issue go away. 

[WARNING - geek speak] What is most likely happening is the shielding in the TV is poor and allowing a strong local AM station to be rectified and de-modulate the station and impress the signal on the AC line or coax braid.  I had a similar problem years ago with an instrument amplifier in my band playing a local AM station in a club that was 4 blocks from the transmitter.

Is the phone a wireless one, corded, or both?  Again, the culprit, from your description is the new TV.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

they have radio surpressors out there.   if you can't find one and hook it up easily, then you might be able to call fios and have the tech bring one out.  you may get charged for the install of it.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

Actually if you get an AM radio playing on the phone, it means that the ONT is not grounded properly. Very common where I live. Call tech support and they will send a tech out to re-ground the ONT. This will solve the issue most of the time. If this is not the case then they do have Filters that they can put on as well. But its an easy fix no matter which it is, but you do have to call in.

0 Likes