small picture when watching HD VOD
jrm

Just had FIOS installed, so I hope I am just missing some setting.

I tried out some HD movies in the VOD section. Problem is that they all play at about 1/2 size. There are black bars on the left/right AND top/bottom. In other words, I have a 16:9 picture, it is just sized at about 50% of the screen. Not to mention that the smaller picture doesn't even look that good.

SD VOD seems to work fine. Regular channels, HD and SD all play fine and fill the screen where appropriate. It is only the HD VOD content (free movies from HBO/Starz/Cinemax/etc.) that have the problem.

It this a problem with the service or is it just a setting on the DVR Box?

0 Likes
Re: small picture when watching HD VOD
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@jrm wrote:

Just had FIOS installed, so I hope I am just missing some setting.

I tried out some HD movies in the VOD section. Problem is that they all play at about 1/2 size. There are black bars on the left/right AND top/bottom. In other words, I have a 16:9 picture, it is just sized at about 50% of the screen. Not to mention that the smaller picture doesn't even look that good.

SD VOD seems to work fine. Regular channels, HD and SD all play fine and fill the screen where appropriate. It is only the HD VOD content (free movies from HBO/Starz/Cinemax/etc.) that have the problem.

It this a problem with the service or is it just a setting on the DVR Box?

jrm,

This may be a silly question, but I have to ask- do you have a High Def television?

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes