trouble installing sony internet tv with verizon fios wireless router
SonyUser1
Enthusiast - Level 1

can't get sony tv to be able to access internet content through my verizon fios wireless router even through preliminary connection between sony tv/ wireless dongle (wi fi lan adaptor by sony) shows working connection and i have updated to most recent software verision for the television set itself.

fios internet, phone and tv package

sony kdl46ex700 with wireless lan adapter dongle (manfacterd 

want to be able to access netflix direct to my tv via verizon fios internet and netflix account...

Re: trouble installing Sony internet TV with Verizon fios wireless router
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

If you were able to update you TV version, then it did so over the wireless connection which means it has internet access. You will want to look at some kind of compatibility issue with the TV/Dongle and netflix.

0 Likes
Re: trouble installing Sony internet TV with Verizon fios wireless router
Hubrisnxs
Legend
Try the instructions at www.verizon.com/fiosgetconnected if you are confidnt that you are using the right essid and wep key for your fios router (can be found at www.verizon.com/repair) then try changing the wireless channel in your router menu. Try all of these. So try channel 11,6,&1 If 11 is not good change to 6, if six is no good then try channel 1
0 Likes
Re: trouble installing sony internet tv with verizon fios wireless router
Lazarus100
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having similar problem with Samsung 6500 series and QIP7100-2.  Router sees TV, but TV claims there is no connection.

For previous post, there is no info in the wiring diagrams on connecting to internet, and the repair link is broken.

0 Likes
Re: trouble installing sony internet tv with verizon fios wireless router
Hubrisnxs
Legend
0 Likes