tv remote issues
nj1958
Enthusiast - Level 3
the remotes suddenly stops working, no power, nothing. new batteries are not helping. this is the second one to have this problem and customer service is of little help except to say get a new one. can anyone help?
0 Likes
Re: tv remote issues
frustrated

We are having the same problem.  It works when it wants to work.  I'm ready to throw it out the window!!!  Hopefully someone will reply with a solution. 

0 Likes
drbdumont

One way of checking to see if the infrared component of the remote is working at all is to point it at a camcorder or digital camera or cell phone camera and see if a bright light appears when you press the button. If so, you know that the remote is at least outputting data. Now then the issue is to determine if the remote is programmed properly and outputting the proper code sequence. No chance the receive window in theSTB is blocked, dirty, or behind a glass door in an entertainment center, is there?

I've also had remotes whih went stupid periodically is the batter contacts are loose, dirty, or worn. One of my old remotes would have to be reporgrammed each time the batteries were changed.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3
I had a remote that was flakey, including for controlling the FiOS STB and TV. I did a total reset of the remote (the user manual describes the process) and then re-programmed it.  All is wll now.  This might work for you.
0 Likes