why cant i get fios
leaha6

ok this is the thing, I live in a small apartment complex. there are 18 apartments. three of them have either dish network or direct tv. the rest of us have comcast. while down the street and on the other side of the street, Fios is the thing. I was told in order for us to have the option of even getting fios, we would have to get 15 people to want it . Now the kicker, the box that supplies the other side of the street and our neighbors down the way sits right in the back of my apartment complex. 

i had fios before and it was cheaper than comcast. I am not one that likes the idea of satellight tv. the picture goes out , or any number of thing. this is the option i get if i speak to someone about  what are my options with verizon.

My land lord has already said he doesn't want any more satelite dishes, so even if i wanted it i couldnt get it.

why can't they just pull the fios the rest of the way around our complex so we can at least have that option

0 Likes
Re: why cant i get fios
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of comments:

1) This is mainly a user supported board. We can't tell you why you can't get FIOS.

2) Did Verizon tell you that you needed 15 people to get FIOS? If not, have you cantacted them?

3) Your landlord can't legally stop you from sinstalling a dish for satellite TV. FCC has ruled that you can install. Show this to the landlord for details: http://www.fcc.gov/guides/installing-consumer-owned-antennas-and-satellite-dishes

0 Likes