ACTIONTEC M14124WR REV 1 will not work with dlink switch
dunvarna

I recently recieved the "new" ACTIONTEC M14124WR REV 1 router.

I followed all the instructions in regards to connecting it. 

The hitch.  I have  a switch in my office.  A dlink. 8 port gigabit..

The router will not work or play nice with this switch. 

My previous Actiontec router still works fine, but its not the latest and greatest.

I can connect to the internet when i eliminate the switch, however that is a step backwards.

I called verizon, they say its not on their end or they can't support a third party device.

My question is why does the old router work fine with the switch, but not the new one.

I am not an expert, but I can trouble shoot to some extent. Any suggestions would be helpful.

I have reset the router, rebooted everything etc. It is some sort of IP issue as my network adapters are not receiving a valid IP address...

Thanks in advance. Guess I will take a step back and send this thing back to Verizon.

Dunster

0 Likes
Re: ACTIONTEC M14124WR REV 1 will not work with dlink switch
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you mean "Rev I?"  That's the 802.11n router with two antennas.  It has gigabit Ethernet, while the older router has 100 megabit Ethernet.  That could be what is causing your D-Link switch to not work right.  You should check the status lights on both ends of the Ethernet link to figure out what is going on.

You may be better off purchasing a 802.11n router or access point from another vendor, as the Verizon router is not a good deal.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Re: ACTIONTEC M14124WR REV 1 will not work with dlink switch
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Have you tried replacing the cable between the Actiontec and the D-Link?

Both the rev. I and the D-Link are gigabit devices.  Gigabit connections require all 4 pairs in the cat5 cable to be wired correctly.

I've seen cases where the Actiontec fails to connect instead of downshifting to a 100Mbps connection if it can't connect at 1Gbps.