Actiontec MI424WR Rev F wired vs wired network conflict?
unclegym
I have a networked AV receiver and a Windows7 laptop -- both with wired (CAT5e) connections to my Actiontec Rev-F router.  From the receiver, I can connect to my laptop (it shows up on the receiver GUI as a 'media server') and stream music files from my PC through the receiver.  Works like a charm until I switch the PC to a wireless connection.  As soon as I do this, the laptop 'disappears' from the receiver's menu and i can't reconnect until I plug in the CAT5.   I've reset the router and the receiver but the same thing keep happeneing.  It's like I have 2 separate networks that aren't seeing one another.
0 Likes
Re: Actiontec MI424WR Rev F wired vs wired network conflict?
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Is your laptop able to get to the Internet?  Be sure you are connected via wireless to your home network (and not a neighbor's) network. 

0 Likes
unclegym

@jumpin68ny wrote:

Is your laptop able to get to the Internet?  Be sure you are connected via wireless to your home network (and not a neighbor's) network. 

Yes, laptop connects to the Internet -- both wired and wireless.  Receiver also connects to the Internet (uses wired connection only), as I can stream Pandora and other streaming services directly through it.  And, yes, I am only connecting to my home network.

FYI... this is a recent problem. I've had the same components for many months and they worked together perfectly  -- wired or wireless.  I am not aware of any changes that I initiated that would have introduced this issue.

0 Likes
ralexander

I'm having the exact same issue trying to stream to my xbox. Works fine when both are wired up, but when the laptop goes on wifi the xbox doesnt see it at all.

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Try disabling the igmp proxy.

Click on the Advanced icon.
Select igmp proxy from the menu.
Select Disabled from the first pulldown.
Click Apply.

JohnJohnD
Enthusiast - Level 2

In case any one runs across this issue who has a Rev I model of the Actiontec router....

In that Rev (at least as of this posting), Verizon/Actiontec removed the link to the IGMP Proxy page on the router.  The solution was posted here by user "tns", from user BigDaddy on DSLReports:

Login to your router normally, then click this link, which will take you to the now-hidden IGMP Proxy config page:

192.168.1.1/index.cgi?active_page=6059

I can confirm that it works on my Rev I router.