After reinstalling windows XP, my computer can not connect to internet
bann2
My computer crashed, I reformatted and reinstalled windows XP. I can not connect to internet. I have fios internet insatalled by Verizon tech. who did not give me  any set up disk or user's manual ...I don't know how to connect to internet. I need your help. Customer sevices sre closed
0 Likes
Re: After reinstalling windows XP, my computer can not connect to internet
Justin46
Legend

bann wrote:

Customer sevices sre closed

That is not true. The Fiber Solutions Center (FSC) is open 24/7 for technical support: 1-888-553-1555.

Now, as to your not being able to connect. You do not need any disks or instructions from Verizon to be able to connect. Just go to Control Panel, click on Network Setup Wizard, and that will lead you through the steps needed to set up your internet connection.

Make sure one of the first things you do is go to Microssoft's Windows Update and install the latest service. And of course don't forget to install an anti-virus product, if you have not already done so.

Keller, TX

0 Likes
cjacobs001
Contributor - Level 3
One must also be sure that the Network Interface Card's software has been installed on the PC.   The OS does not always have it by default, And if the NIC card the user is trying to use was added to the computer after original install of the OS, of course it again must be added.
0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

To check if the Nic card is installed go to: click start, select Control panel, then select system.  Next select the hardware tab and select Device Manager...Look at the Network adapters...if there is a red or yellow X then the driver needs to be installed.  Place your driver disk into the cd rom.  Next right click on the device that needs to be installed and update the driver.  If your network adapter appears to be working....

Open internet explorer and type:  192.168.1.1 in the address bar...hit  enter...this should allow you to see the router.  If you can see the routers menu...

Go to https://activatemyfios.verizon.net and enter in you account information.

0 Likes
bann2

I called Verizon tech support  and problem was fixed. My computer was built by myself. After I reformatted, the network card  driver was gone so I could

not connect internet , i have to reinstall it and i can connect internet. Thanks. Bann

0 Likes