Annoying popup
JDPhillips1

I'm getting a noxious popup titled "Verizon Message Center." Is it from Verizon? It acts like malware - doesn't respond properly to mouse clicks. How do I get rid of it?

0 Likes
Re: Annoying popup
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@JDPhillips wrote:

I'm getting a noxious popup titled "Verizon Message Center." Is it from Verizon? It acts like malware - doesn't respond properly to mouse clicks. How do I get rid of it?

Not sure what popup you are talking about. What are you doing when it comes up? Is there a specific URL that it happens at? Do you have any Verizon software/toolbars installed? What browser are you using? Could we possibly get a screenshot of the popup?

0 Likes
Re: Annoying popup - Maybe IHT Message Center
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@JDPhillips wrote:

Take a look at this thread:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/FiOS-Internet/How-do-I-disable-Verizon-Message-Center/m-p/392325#M26226

Some of the VZ applets install something called "IHT Message Center," which to me does not appear particularly useful.  Look in your "Add/Remove Programs" (depending on your OS) and see if it's in there.  Then get rid of it quickly.  I mean, NOW.