Bring Me FIOS Via Fiber Remote
silver66fb

There is FIOS available just across the street from me, in a residential neighborhood.  How can I influence Verizon to bring FIOS across the street to customers who want faster internet?  I live in League City, TX.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Bring Me FIOS Via Fiber Remote
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@silver66fb wrote:

There is FIOS available just across the street from me, in a residential neighborhood.  How can I influence Verizon to bring FIOS across the street to customers who want faster internet?

Unfortunately, there are always going to be people just over the line from where FiOS service ends.  It sucks, but it looks like you're in that situation.

Consider that if Verizon were able to offer you service, they already would.  If they decided to extend service to your side of street service, the line would be move just a little and now other folks would be just on the edge.  It has to stop somewhere, and that somewhere is dictated by money.

As to how to influence Verizon, about the only thing I can think of that will work is to purchase enough Verizon stock to be able to get the corporation to pay attention to you.  Today's market capitalization is $133B.  10% might be enough to be able to direct change, so see if you can find $13B to invest.

Good Luck,

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

In case you didn't realize it, this is a peer-to-peer forum.  You're talking to other Verizon customers here.  Verizon does respond to posts here.

You may think that I was being unhelpful, but there really isn't anything an individual can do to influence Verizon to install FiOS.

Verizon has announced they are not going to expand their FiOS footprint beyond areas that are already planned for deployment, as they are finding it is not giving them the ROI they want.  Google it for more details.

The bottom line is, well, the bottom line.  In this country internet access is driven by corporate profit decisions with minimal government regulation.

If you really want FiOS and don't have a spare $13B available, the only guaranteed way to get it is to move to an area that has it.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
joneses

Tell them you are going to put up signs advertising Comcast all over your lawn. Also say that you and the other FIOS-deprived neighbors are considering a billboard for your side of the street.

0 Likes