Can't Access Some Websites
mmumpower
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi there!

I've searched all over the forums and the internet for help on this topic, but none of the solutions I've found prove to be anything more than false hope. 

I have had this problem for 2 days now and it's driving me nuts! For some reason, I can't access my personal website (http://www.the-visionary.net) or the host (http://www.rigrag.com) but both are up and working. Friends can access it, I can access it at work, but I cannot access it at home. I've tried getting to both websites from multiple computers (a total of 4, plus an iPod Touch) and nothing seems to be able to access them which leads me to believe it's the included FiOS wireless router.

I've tried using free services such as OpenDNS.com and a few others, both by way of changing the router settings and personal computing settings, though none have been able to fix the situation. i honestly have no clue where to go from here. I've looked over the router settings, restarted, reset - nothing. 

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get my website back! 

Thanks in advance,

Mitchell

0 Likes
Re: Can't Access Some Websites
mleduc35651
Contributor - Level 2

Both websites you mention run on the same IP address.

Enter 69.10.57.170 into your browser and see if you see a blue Apache screen. 

If you do see that page it's likely a DNS issue.

If you can't get that site to launch then it could be that your IP address is blocked from that site.  You could try reaching the webmasters of those sites and asking them to unblock your IP

mmumpower
Enthusiast - Level 1

mleduc3565,

I do not see anything, unfortunately, just the typical "this page cannot be displayed."

There was no reason for me to have been banned. I pay to have my website hosted there; wouldn't make any sense to ban me. But, that just tempted me to try something, so I tried using a proxy website to access the website and it was successful, so I've contacted my host about checking into this.

Thanks for the advice!

-Mitchell

0 Likes
mleduc35651
Contributor - Level 2

I saw elsewhere that hackers spoof unused IP ranges in their attempts to do their thing and your IP might have been used in this way. Notifying the host that you are now a legitimate owner of that IP might get them to remove you from the list.

0 Likes
VZ_Brett
Contributor - Level 2

mmumpower , Anyway you can post trace routes to see where its dying out? Thanks Brett

0 Likes
jdearmond

Not trying to hijack the thread here, but I've been having the same problem with 69.162.117.108 for over a week now. I don't have Verizon here, but I'll see if I can get someone to run a trace elsewhere.

The URLs are www.jdearmond.com and www.vortexlaserbattle.com

Phone support has not been much help but I do have a ticket number if anyone wants to pick up on it.

0 Likes