Can't connect Canon printer to wireless
cstrasz
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a search for this printer specifically and have not found any luck on remedying the issue. I have a Canon MP560 printer that I'm trying to connect wirelessly to the FiOS router. It will not connect via WPA2 but it will if I set the router to WEP 64 bit encryption. Any ideas on what to adjust? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Can't connect Canon printer to wireless
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Login to the router, Advanced -> Yes -> IPMG Proxy - Set IGMP Proxy (Enable/Disable): to Disable and save.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't think the IGMP proxy should really be affecting this, but it is a common solution for many communications issue once the device is logged on.

Keep in mind, WPA2 keys are case sensitive. They must be entered in the exact way the key is saved in the router or it will not be able to connect to the network. I would strongly recommend using WPA2 keys especially with the newer FiOS routers, and also due to the security aspect. If you have a Fev F, G, or I ActionTec, don't even touch WEP or WPA. WPA2 is mandatory in this case.

0 Likes
cstrasz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks so much! The IGMP Proxy change fixed it and I'm back on WPA2.

Jim93041

Canon website does state that this printer can do WPA/2.  Make sure you are using capitals when typing in the WPA/2.  If that does not work you should to to the Canon web site search for the drivers for Canon MP560 and install the latest drivers.  If that does not work call Canon for support and ask them for help but also ask if the WPA/2 does work for this printer and how to use it.

Jim

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

glad to help!   :]

0 Likes