Change in Service pro-rated amounts incorrect?
bobginchino
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon is on a roll with causing issues with my FIOS Service.  The latest is that we have renewed to a new contract with changes in our plan and as such billing reflects partial months for each plan. Most of the bill is calculated correctly and I can follow and understand the charges.  The only exception is the partial amounts removed and added for the internet discounts (highlighted below).  There are 31 days on the billing period and 22 are on the old plan and 9 on the new plan.  According to my prior bills I had been receiving a $10 discount on the internet service.  On the new plan the discount for the internet service is $25.  These amounts are clearly listed on the past bills and the new bill.  Here is a copy of the new bill.

As you can see the discount removed due to the old plan's internet is $9 and the discount for the new plan's internet is added as -$6.  How is it possible that the old plan's discount of $10 translate to only $1 for the 22 days.  Whereas for the nine days I only receive a -$6.  By simple math the amount removed should be about $3 due to rounding up ($10* (9/31) ).  The added amount should be about  -$7.50 (-$25 * (9/31) ).  I called billing and they said that they don't know how it is calculated and have no way to determine how it was and that the computer must be right.

I would like an explanation from Verizon on how these two lines were calculated as it seems wrong and of course it is to Verizon's advantage.  The computer only calculates based on what the programmer programmed and who is to say it wasn't programmed incorrectly as my bill seems to indicate.

Please look into this as billing has no answer and suggested to send an email or ask in the forums.  Have others had this issue and if so how did you resolve it as billing can't do anything.  At least that is what they say.

Thanks in advance for any help.

0 Likes
Re: Change in Service pro-rated amounts incorrect?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

What were you total bundle discount under the old plan?  I would guess they don't calculate exactly to the day (they don't change the amount each month so maybe count on a 30 day month) and probably rounding in there favor to a dollar amount.

0 Likes
rburton12
Enthusiast - Level 2

To Elizabeth -Just a friendly reminder, most customers end up on this page as a result of attempting to call and deal with the cusotmer service agents who do not solve our problems.

bobginchino
Enthusiast - Level 1

Elizabeth, Next time READ the post as it already said that I contacted Verizon and talked to billing and they don't know how things are calculated.  I've already done everything possible on the Support page, virtual chat, service representative and all possible support phone numbers.  This post was suggested by the billing department as they ran out of ideas. 

Just a typical run around by Verizon so I'm not surprised by your response. 

As to the other posters the total bundle discount under the old plan is $15 ($10 for internet and $5 for TV).  I already figured out the rounding and then number of days for the other charges so there is no reason to change the rounding for just these two lines.  Here is the old bill:

Of course no explanation has been received. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes