Re: Connect Wireless Printer to FIOS Network
DanMac2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you so much!  After spending an hour trying to connect my wireless printer, all I needed to do was turn the router off and back on.  After that, the printer was able to connect.

TLB_VA_BEACH
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same deal with HP OfficeJet 6600.  Hours on phone w/ HP and Verizon - no joy.  After finding and following this thread, I did the following:

- Ran setup wizard again (failed, same as previously)

- Kept the settings I'd just input into the printer (WEP password, etc)

- Left printer on

- Turned off ROUTER

- Turned on ROUTER

- Waited about 3 min

- Blue wireless light on printer went steady without me touching anything

- Looked for printer through my laptop's control panel - there it was!

- Tested wireless print - worked as advertised; I've printed wirelessly from both our Win and Mac computers, and shut down/re-started the printer - all working fine still.

The only difference between what I did and what HP tried to have me do several times was that I did not reset the printer to the defaults when the connection wizard failed, and I did not turn the printer off after I turned the router off (those instructions are also in the printer manual).

0 Likes
TLB_VA_BEACH
Enthusiast - Level 1

Forgot to mention that I also changed the router security setting to "Low" before I turned it off and back on - maybe this was the critical step.

0 Likes
LTCret
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried the steps listed by everyone and my printer still cannot be seen or installed on my computer.  The printer does connect to the router, received IP address but my installation program for the printer cannot complete.  I reloaded the latest software and keep getting the same error.  Additionally, when I tried to revert back to a USB connection to the my computer the printer is on longer visible on the USB ports.  Tried switching cables  and still doesn't work.

0 Likes
Donaldh1

Jim, glad your connection went smooth. My problem is my HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus is connected to the computer and the blue light is lit on the front of the printer. The printer report shows passed.  My problem is the printer won't print. Any suggestions?....Thanks

0 Likes
gravitydancer

THIS was the solution!!

Thank you! I tried everything to get mine to work when I moved and had previously had it connected. This was the best and only successful solution.

THANKS!Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Re: REConnect HP OFFICEJET 6600 Wireless Printer to UPGRADED quantum FIOS Network
abeljtorres

thank you it worked for me..

I connected My printer with wpa2 and showed connected  wpa2 but i counldn't print.

I followed these steps.

1.  Connected wireless HP OFFICEJET 6600 with wpa 2

2.  Left my printer on.

3.  Unplugged power from quantum gateway waited about a 1 minute.

4.  Plug quantum gateway back in to the wall socket and don't touch anything until full reboot is complete about a minunte.

5.  It finally worked I can print from my Iphone and laptop now.

I upgraded to quantum and my printer didn't work with quantum.  The Fios Rep said I would have to pay for them to help me or I could call HP.....That really sucks

This forum is great thanks for the help...I hope my contribution is helpful.

Abel

0 Likes
Re: REConnect HP OFFICEJET 6600 Wireless Printer to UPGRADED quantum FIOS Network
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes