Connection Issues with Kindle
gmorrow1

I have a fios wireless router connected to my desktop computer.  I recently got a kindle latest generation and tried to use the wireless network and cannot get in.  The kindle keeps telling me to input my password.  I have been doing that several times and still cannot get in even though I have a very strong signal.  How do I connect to the wireless network using my kindle.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Connection Issues with Kindle
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

What wireless encryption protocol are you using?   If you're still using WEP, trying switching over to WPA / WPA2 by logging into the router and changing it.

View solution in original post

lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

What wireless encryption protocol are you using?   If you're still using WEP, trying switching over to WPA / WPA2 by logging into the router and changing it.

MARYA2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried both suggestions listed and still cannot connect my Kindle. What password do they want? The one where I log on to my computer? Or the one I set up for wi fi connection? Or the router password? I'm so confused, I'm ready to through in the towel--HELP!

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you haven't changed any of the Wireless settings, what they want is the password to your Wireless. It would be the WEP key found on the bottom of your router. It's also the same key your Wireless Computers use to connect to the Wireless.

mallwalker
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had ths same type of behavior with a new Kindle and a verizon Actiotenc Rev A router.

Verizon sent me a Rev D router as the A is now obsoleted.

Kindle connects every time. 

kathieann1

Thank you,thank you it works.

0 Likes
jy90405

Thank you,  changing to the wep #  worked first time.

0 Likes
bonz1

I can't seem to make a connection with my kindle at home.  It's fine at work, but no connection at home.  Help!

Thank you

0 Likes
morgan1365

How do You Know if you have a Actiotenc Rev A router or a Actiotenc Rev D router

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It should say what revision you have on the bottom of the router (the same sticker that displays the WEP Key). The Rev. A and Rev. D have different looks as well, which can help distinguish them. The Rev. A looks more boxy and brick-like, whereas the Rev. D is rounded and has status lights located behind a black plastic faceplace.

0 Likes