FIOS Person Hung Up on Me / Early Termination Fee even when Fios is not available
LB226

I am in the middle of a divorce, and I am moving out of my house.  I would like to continue my Fios contract however I am moving to an area that does not have Fios.

When I called to move the service/ultimately cancel the service as I found out it was not available I was told about the early termination fee.  In my case $120.  I informed the woman that I would like to keep the service however Fios is not available where I am moving too.   She said, in a rude tone, there was nothing she can do about the early termination fee.  I asked to speak to a supervisor.  

She kept me on hold for about 5 min, then said the supervisors are all busy and that I can not hold.  She said someone would call me back.  I said I wanted to hold as its not fair I have to pay a early termination fee just because FIOS isn't in the next town over.   She said I can not hold for a supervisor, said a supervisor would would call me back, thanked me for being a Fios customer and hung up on me.  I was shocked by the crassness of this person. 2 days later I have not received a call from a supervisor.  

How do I get this early termination fee credited?  I am about ready to call the consumer protection division of the attorney general's office. 

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Person Hung Up on Me / Early Termination Fee even when Fios is not available
eljefe2
Master - Level 1

Sorry to hear about your woes.  A Verizon employee / forum moderator may chime in to help you.  However, I can tell you that your issue about the early cancellation fee is a fairly common complaint here on the forum. 

The outcome is typically that the Terms of Service you agreed to states the cancellation fee will be implemented if you cancel early.  There is no exception because you're moving to where FiOS isn't available.

Bummer that the customer service rep you spoke to was rude to you.  No excuse for that.  But I expect you'll have to pay that $120 to walk away from FiOS.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Person Hung Up on Me / Early Termination Fee even when Fios is not available
CAdude
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon customer service has gotten VERY bad.  They don't have the Customer Retention Department any more so when you call them the regular billing employees say they are now the CRD.

0 Likes
LB226

With Verizon wireless, if you move out of country they will release you from your contract. 

0 Likes
db909
Contributor - Level 3

@LB226 wrote:

With Verizon wireless, if you move out of country they will release you from your contract. 

I buy an Iphone 6 for $199 on a two year contract that retails for $649 from Verizon Wireless.  1 month later I call in saying I am moving to France and voila no termination fee and I get to keep the phone?  I call **bleep** on that.  You have a link to back that up?

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a reminder that this is a residential products forum. Wireless discussions can be held at

http://community.verizonwireless.com/

0 Likes