FIOS NYC - extremely slow upload speeds
ga376

Hi,

I read many stories similar to mine, however I had no luck so far fixing the issue.

Here is my story:

For few months now I am supposed to be getting 50/50- while download speed is great and stable, the upload is extremely slow and unstable 90% of the time.

Immediately after the free "upgrade" from 50/25, to 50/50 I was getting uploads in the high 30s which was not really bothering me too much. Then as few weeks passed I noticed the upload was fluctuating around 3 to 10Mbps, often have days under 1Mbps at which point I decided to contact Verizon. First I tried the online chat - that is a 100% waste of time. Then called and after the usual step-by-step process Verizon decided to send me a new router. After this did not work I had FIOS technicians coming on 3 different occasions. When the first tech came in, it happened to be a "good" day and my upload was about 30Mbps. we verified this at the router in the apartment as well as downstairs where  FIOS had the their big OTN appliance (this is NYC residential condo). After a day or two, the upload dropped again fluctuating around the usual under 1Mbps to 10-ish. Same experience with the 2nd tech - when he came it was in the upload was in the 30s. Could not pinpoint the issue - repunched the cat5e directly at the electical closet just in-case. The 3rd time they moved me to a different port - the upload got to about 58Mbps.This was great ... for few days. and now I am back to the usual. Today: Speedtest to various servers, + Verizon speedtest as well show upload speed of about 0.5Mbps .. and that is pathetic 😞

Any ideas how to get this fixed/what to do?

0 Likes
Re: FIOS NYC - extremely slow upload speeds
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ga376,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes