FIOS Quantum Gateway Router - Issues
TT12341

I've experienced some really bizarre behavior with my Quantum Gateway router since I've owned it.  I believe there are bugs with this product and am not sure who to notify, so I'm going to post my issues in this forum to see if they can get resolved.

1) I set up someone in my household on the Guest WI-FI connection.  After a week or two, the connection somehow switched over to the main WIFI connection without anyone making any changes.  (I am the only one with admin access so I know for a fact that no one changed any of the settings.)  I checked this person's device and it showed that he was connected to the main WIFI even though he was only set up on Guest by me.

2) There are some devices that I renamed in my router admin site (myfiosgateway.com).  The names would periodically change to something different (though same MAC).  How does this happen?  It's very confusing when I'm trying to set up Parental Controls based on the device name and then the device name changes.

3) I set up Parental Controls on one particular device.  I set it up specifically to block internet access during certain hours.  It worked fine for several weeks.  Then today, I found out that the blocked time range somehow shifted several hours on its own.  It's very frustrating to know that my teenager had free rein of the internet during blocked hours. 

Overall, I'm just very frustrated that I constantly have to monitor and re-check the settings on this router because they somehow magically change over time.  

0 Likes
Re: FIOS Quantum Gateway Router - Issues
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is my educated guess as to what is going on..

The router is locking onto their MAC Address, but they changed/spoofed/cloned their MAC Address.

0 Likes