FIOS Wireless Connection problem with Odyssey client
lebojunkie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use Odyssey Client Manager - Enterprise Edition ver. 5.20.16577.0

I am not able to connect to my Verison FIOS Wireless router.  I am able to see the signal, but it will not connect or get an IP address.

I'm pretty sure it is the Odyssey client, because all my other wireless devices and even my personal computer are able to connect.

Tags (1)
Re: FIOS Wireless Connection problem with Odyssey client
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Have you tried running the Odyssey Client Manager over a wired connection?

Although the documentation states it supports wireless clients, I've seen VPN clients (not specifically Odyssey) disable the wireless port when in use.

lebojunkie
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm not sure we're on the same page here.

The odyssey client is the wirless manager, not a VPN client.  I am able to hardwire, but i'm having trouble trying to connect to a verizon fios wireless router while using odyssey (work laptop).

I just switched over from comcast, where i was using a linksys router and had no problems connecting wirelessly through odyssey.

Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

From the Juniper site:

Client lockdown, which prohibits a user from editing or modifying any administrator-defined WLAN or wired 802.1X connection or setting.

• Additional entries for home networks or hotspots can be defined, but only with the appropriate organizational permissions.

• Restricts users who are not credentialed administrators from disabling or exiting—essentially turning off—OAC via the OAC system tray icon by hiding the right-click “Exit” menu entry; or the OAC adapter selection checkbox in the Wi-Fi window of the Odyssey Access Client Manager

Since you say this worked previously on the Linksys, it does not appear that your employer has locked this down to prevent use with a home wireless network.  However, since your employer has gone to the trouble of implementing this and has not locked out wireless on non-work wifi, then my guess would be it is enforcing a minimum level of encryption such as WPA2-AES.  Have you checked the encyption setting in the Odyssey client (if you can see them at all).  You will have to set the Actiontec to be compatible.  The default encryption in the Actiontec is WEP.  SInce WEP is easily broken, it seems logical that the Odyssey Client is disallowing WEP.

If that doesn't work, you could always connect the Linksys behind the Actiontec since you were able to communicate with the Linksys.

What securuity settings were you using on the Linksys?

cbwoodstock91
Contributor - Level 1

Hi,

Maybe this going to take a little longer but try to pull the linksys settings in your screen, take notes at least the most important settings that made your router and computer had communication each other, and then set the same settings in your fios router

Let me know Happened

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@lebojunkie wrote:

I'm not sure we're on the same page here.

The odyssey client is the wirless manager, not a VPN client.  I am able to hardwire, but i'm having trouble trying to connect to a verizon fios wireless router while using odyssey (work laptop).

I just switched over from comcast, where i was using a linksys router and had no problems connecting wirelessly through odyssey.

Why don't you just change the subnet on the linksys to something other than 192.168.1 and then connect it to the actiontec via a LAN to WAN connection and then it just work as it used to.

I use the Odyssey client v4.6 and can connect wirelessly or wired via the secondary subnet.  I can see the fios router wirelss connection and also a couple of neighbours but have never bothered attempting to connect to either as the signal is pretty bad

0 Likes