False promises for FiOS internet installation
Kab8

I just moved to my new house here in Ashburn Virginia, and the house is newly constructed and I got to know that the only ISP is Verizon (as they have a deal with the builder). I scheduled the installation appointment for last Sunday and waited the whole day for a technician/engineer to show up, around 8pm I did call the customer service and got to know that there were some issues and so the engineer returned (without even talking to me while i am sitting at home), no one informed us about this issue.

They rescheduled the appointment for the following Thursday and same thing happened, waiting at home for the whole day and the technician not showing up, calling the customer service i got to know the same thing that engineer did not go to my house because of BLAH BLAH reason and they never informed me AGAIN.Customer service said they do not have a definite date to give us when our service can start, and we have to till they fix the issue.

Did anyone else have similar problems with new constuctions? Did anyone have similar issue with the installation appointments or pathetic customer service?

This is the worst customer service i have seen in my entire life, specially from such a big and reputed company. I wish there is some solution to this mess soon.

0 Likes
Re: False promises for FiOS internet installation
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You can not be installed until an Engineer builds your address into the system, being that you are in a new development fiber cables have to be run and connected also.

0 Likes
Re: False promises for FiOS internet installation
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If Verizon is the carrier of last resort, and the development is greenfield, the Fiber should already be connected and ready to go. Many new greenfield neighborhoods in my area are fiber only, and have no copper choice besides the local cable company.

Op should see if FIOS Phone is available. If it is, that is ammo for getting Internet or TV service.

This basically sounds like a common case of no show. Usually if the database was a problem the order wouldn't go through. 

0 Likes