FiOS Availability
MicheScott

I live out in the boonies, and just barely have Verizon DSL.  It's horridly unreliable, and really not much faster than a 3G air card.  I was so excited driving home this weekend to see rolls of fiber optic line.  On Monday I stopped to ask the crew installing the fiber optic if it's for Verizon.  They said it's actually going to a nearby cell tower.  So I did a little research and if I understand,  fiber optic lines can carry all kinds of, and multiple signals. My question is, is there any chance Verizon could use the same fiber optic lines to get FiOS back to us?  Who would I talk to to find out if that is in the works?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: FiOS Availability
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If Verizon actually utilized the extra dark fiber they have everywhere we would have more people using FiOS :C

Don't think it's going to happen unfortunately. You're most likely stuck with DSL. I wouldn't jump ship to Verizon Wireless's HomeFusion service if you start to hear about that. Not until the caps and throttles go away. We can at least troubleshoot your DSL if you'd like. Just let us know and we'll see what we can get out of your line.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

can you get 4g where you're at?  it's REALLLLLLLLY worth the upgrade.   I have a droid and I use foxfi and the 4g is pretty amazing for my tablets on the road. 

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

also if you go to your state verizon website you may find construction schedules. 

like the state website for pennsylvania is www.verizon.com/pa    and it gives construction times. 

FTTP Construction Locations

FiOS Installation Process

some states show and some states do not, but it's worth checking.

0 Likes