FiOS Installation questions
Laknormn

I'm not a network savy person and I just signed up for Verizon FiOS Internet and TV.  We have a desktop computer and a laptop. We currently pick up our neighbors wireless on our laptop, but our desktop doesn't have that capability.  We recently moved our computers into our new office room (which use to be a dining room).  This room has no coax cable jacks nor CAT5 cable wiring that I can see.  It is on the opposite side of the house from where our current phone/cable lines are attached to the outside of the house.  We don't have a garage.  We have a crawl space under our house.

I don't understand the installation process and want to make sure we aren't going to be charged extra for running any type of cable to our new "office."  Will the technician run coax or CAT5 under the house through the crawl space to the room where my desktop is?  Will they install some kind of jack in the room for the router?  Am I looking at any additional cost for this installation?  If so, I can have an electrician friend come out and do the work, I just need to know what kind of work I need.  Thanks for any help.

0 Likes