FiOS Internet Activation fee NOT Waived - New Customer
Sriniragav

Until Apr-2015, 2014 we were using residential services of a competitor ISP and experienced very poor customer service and many hidden billing charges. We had to live with it because our apartment doesn't have the setup for other service providers. So we decided to switch to a different provider once the lease ended and we chose Verizon because of its exceptional Internet sped and Quuality customer service.

On 07/09/2015 I placed an order Verizon FiOS for my new apartment and was exceited! The order was palced through a local FiOS agent and I chose the FiOS double pay (50/50 package). Over the phone I was very specific to ask for any hidden charges and the agent mentioned no hidden charges and I would be paying the Bundle price plus rent for router and set-top-box. I also checked if there would be any installation or activation and the Agent did mention that it will all be waived for 'New-Customers'. To double confirm, I called up the verizon customer service the same day and they mentioned the same. Thinking it was hassle-free, I requested my agent to place an order.

When I received my first bill, I found a charge of $69.99 for FiOS Internet Activation Fee split into 3 months with first installment of $23.33. I assumed it could be an error or usual routine and hoped it would be waived if I call up and request (like the competitor). I reached out to an agent via chat initially and explained the situation. To my surprise I was told that there are 'no notes in the order mentioning the activation fee will be waived, so it cannot be honored'. Surpsied and shocked, I called up the customer service and mentioned the same story again. This time the answer was 'We never mentioned this will be waived and have never waived for any customers. Like others, this charge has to be paid'. I insisted that the local agent and the customer service agent I spoke on 07/09/2015 did mention that the activation fee would be waived. It is also clearly mentioned here that activatoin fee will be waived for Double-Pay (See attached image and link below http://www.verizon.com/home/bundles/fios)

I am very disappointed and just tired of making phone calls and debating with custoomer service. The only reason I switched to verizon was there is a lot of transparency, no surprises and BEST CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. And I wouldn't ask for something I am not entitled to or promised initially. And, If this is what I am going to experience with Verizon to get this waiver or any other reason, I could very well manage to stay with the competitior so there are no disappointments :-(.

I am hereby requesting the team to validate this and give a better solution for a new-customer who switched services to Verizon and willing to continue for a longer duration.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: FiOS Internet Activation fee NOT Waived - New Customer
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sriniragav,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Sriniragav

Attaching the image

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Sriniragav,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes