Fios 35/35 Internet Upgrade
jpj1009
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded my internet to the 35/35 plan this week as part of upgrading to the Triple Freedom 35/35 Ultimate HD Bundle. I received an email from Verizon stating my current equipment will only support a maximum upstream connection of 29 MPS. I called customer service and was informed the ONT will not support the faster speed, but they will not replace it. Has anyone been able to get Verizon to upgrade their ONT?

0 Likes
Re: Fios 35/35 Internet Upgrade
prisaz
Legend

What model ONT do you have?

It may be true if you have the origional Advanced Fiber Communications ONT610x. {edited}

Let me know if you make any progress with the change out. I have the same equipment. Again thanks for pointing this out. I had to go and look at the old specifications and technical literature I found a few years back on an old AFC linked web site.

PS. That makes me wonder what would happen if the ONT was to fail. Would we get charged?

0 Likes
jpj1009
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the AFC ONT 610x.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@jpj1009 wrote:

I have the AFC ONT 610x.

Well that is what I thought, and why you were told what you were told. There is no way I would upgrade to ultimate this being the case. 25/25 is what I would go with, but the new Extreme package takes channels away. So I am at 20/5 with the old extreme package until Nov. Unless something changes I think I will stay as is. Let us know if they do agree to change out your ONT. I don't think it fair for you to be sold something and be expected to pay for something that can not be delivered. I have brought this to the attention of some some people and we may get an answer soon. Perhaps Tue when most people go back to work.

0 Likes
jpj1009
Enthusiast - Level 2

After being transferred a few times and spending some time on hold, I am scheduled to have a new ONT installed on 2/28 that will support the higher speed.

prisaz
Legend

@jpj1009 wrote:

After being transferred a few times and spending some time on hold, I am scheduled to have a new ONT installed on 2/28 that will support the higher speed.

Thanks for keeping us posted. Let us know how it works out.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the tech support guys should change out the ont if that problem occurs    just call them and hope you get a reasonably knowledgeable agent that reads his emails.

0 Likes
criptech

I got the upgraded service as well and I got the email from Verizon stating 35 down was fine but 29 was max upload due to equipment.  They swapped out my ONT free of charge this past weekend but it did not fix the issue.  Still only getting 28-29 on upload and tech said he was escalating to the CO but I haven't heard anything back yet.  I believe he installed the  AFC ONT 611 as that is the model number he refered to.  We will see.

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@criptech wrote:

I got the upgraded service as well and I got the email from Verizon stating 35 down was fine but 29 was max upload due to equipment.  They swapped out my ONT free of charge this past weekend but it did not fix the issue.  Still only getting 28-29 on upload and tech said he was escalating to the CO but I haven't heard anything back yet.  I believe he installed the  AFC ONT 611 as that is the model number he refered to.  We will see.

Interesting, the ONT replacement should have fixed the issue. Perhaps the ONT 612 is what is needed? I will pass this on.

0 Likes
jpj1009
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the 612 ONT installed yesterday. The initial speed test was slow on the upload. The technician who installed the ONT called the tech support people and they had to change a few settings on their end and then reset the router. I now am receiving about 35mps download and about 34 mps upload.