Fios 50/50 gaming lag
Navsonie

Hey guys I've been having gaming lag for the past year. I'm getting 50/50 speed with wired connection but everytime I play call of duty online or any muliplyer games, the gun does not land on target. I've already did the DMZ host, portforwarding and set the IP address for PS4 to static. But Still the lag is there. Does anyone know what the issue is? I''ve already had 3 technicians come in to inspect the situation and all of them did could not fix the issue except say "You're getting 50/50 speed and we can't do anything with gaming". Last techinican came in and suggested that I could upgrade the speed to 75 mbps but  I've had 50 mpbs speed at my dad's house and everything works over there. Can someone please help with this?

0 Likes
Re: Fios 50/50 gaming lag
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you gaming on wired or wireless? Is your Dad's location in the same general area or same neighborhood? Are you seeing your full 50/50 package?

0 Likes
Re: Fios 50/50 gaming lag
Navsonie

Always Wired. My Dad's location is about 15 mins away so about the same neighborhood. Never had lag issue when it came to gaming. But, ever since I moved into this new house, it is lag after lag in every game. When I do the speedtest on speedtest.com, the speed reads better than 50/50 except when I  play any mulitplayer games, the lag returns. I already done port forwarding, DMZ host, static IP for the PS3 and PS4, but at the end of the day. The lag is still there.  Recently, I started playing BO3 and the lag is just as bad PS4. I have no idea why switching from ps3 to ps4 makes lagging so much worse. Now when I say, i can experience this when I am running and shooting and if you are a pro gamer you will know exactly what I am referring to. 

I honestly do not know what the issue is and the only thing the techinican recommended is getting a higher speed. But, that brings me back  to the original question of lagging on every game. How is it that, the game works in my other household but does not work at my current location. Plus, how can i fix this problem on PS4 because that is where the most issue resides. Any suggestions?

0 Likes