Fios Renewal Agent Lied - Sad......
livingthepast1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just want to put a warning out to all. I was a loyal Fios customer and have been happy for about 2.5 years.  We came up for renewal in July and I called the rep when I got a decent offer for Triple Play, 50/25 and phone.  My account was only going to go up $5 bucks a month instead of the $25 increase offer on-line.  He played me like a fool and apparently lied the entire time he was talking to me. 

Be warned, he claimed computer problems at their location and to trust him to fix the amount on his end.  DON'T.  Go by the emails you receive as he lied to me even as I received the emails with the incorrect amount.

If you want the story:

Told me to "trust" him because their systems were glitching and to ignore the amount on the atuomated emails sent to me - $139.99 a month!  When I saw the email I told him he was freaking me out, but again, he told me he was fixing it in the system and making notes.   He called me about 2 hours later (I thought he emailed me but I can't find it) and said it was all taken care of.  He even stated that when my 1/2 off movie channels expired in October he would make himself a note to manual renew it.  Needless to say none of this happened and we got screwed.  We have been getting billed the full rate with a bill that now exceeds $262 a month!!!!  Customer service states there are no notes for them to reference and that I agreed to the $25 per month increase.  I even remember whent they called to verify, I told them the amount and was told I had to answer yes and no only. 

This is so sad, I even worked with them for over a year paying for full service when our boxes kept rebooting whenever we attempted to watch streaming movies.  Techs kept telling me it was a software update issue for Fios TV on the older boxes.  The issue went away when I upgraded to Fios TV (like the Techs thought it would). 

Moral of the story - Fios agents sadly will lie to you for a sale.  Go ONLY by the emails you receive for the real price you will be charged.

Re: Fios Renewal Agent Lied - Sad......
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi livingthepast,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes