Fios Router MI424WR-GEN2 and wps
snsjbe
Enthusiast - Level 1

The router is equipped with the WPS button. So I purchased a wireless printer that uses wps. But I cannot get the router to connect to it. Could this be a problem with the router?

**hardware version E

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Fios Router MI424WR-GEN2 and wps
Hubrisnxs
Legend

It's a generic router made by a company that sells that routers to a lot of different operaters    Company's get to choose what features to enable and disable, and Verizon for whatever reason chose not to enable it.

View solution in original post

Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

@snsjbe wrote:

The router is equipped with the WPS button. So I purchased a wireless printer that uses wps. But I cannot get the router to connect to it. Could this be a problem with the router?

WPS is not supported on the Actiontec.

shellwat

i am installing a wireless printer and i have to press the wps button on my router  where is the wps button

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

WPS is not supported on the Actiontec.

0 Likes
mquisto1
Okay but my HP ePrint printer says if WPS is not supported then to enter the printer's PIN into the router's configuration. I have looked on 192.168.1.1 and cannot see where to enter the printers PIN?
0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@mquisto wrote:
Okay but my HP ePrint printer says if WPS is not supported then to enter the printer's PIN into the router's configuration. I have looked on 192.168.1.1 and cannot see where to enter the printers PIN?

That is still using WPS.  WPS pin rather than WPS button.

You have to go the whole nine yards and define the security type, ssid, and passkey/passphrase.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most, if not all HP Printers should allow you to set up the Wi-Fi using an automatic scan feature, or as suggested above, manually. Some require you to actually plug the printer in via USB if you have a cable supplied with the printer and set them up Wirelessly that way. Otherwise, check for a Wirelesss Setup Wizard or Advanced Wireless Setup if the Wizard isn't helpful. The user manual should outline all of this.

0 Likes
buck75281

But the router has a WPS button. If WPS is not supported then why the button?

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

It's a generic router made by a company that sells that routers to a lot of different operaters    Company's get to choose what features to enable and disable, and Verizon for whatever reason chose not to enable it.

ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes