Good service, bad tech
joero456
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok.. ALL things break, not ALWAYS the customers computers fault.

I had my internet speed drop into the dial up range, under 1m.  Called for service normally slow 45 minute wait.. but a quick repair date.   

I have 3 computers, all went slow at the same time, 1 mac, 2 PCs, 1 XP, 1 7os   , and VOI started breaking up at the same time. 

I did many speed tests through many different sights, including Venison.   All showed erratic speed, sometimes reasonable, sometimes insanely slow.  Worse in the evenings.

The Verizon "tech" came unprepared; His company computer didn't work because he had a password issue so he could not check my speed independantly!  and REFUSED to hear the logic of all 3 machines and phone going bad wasn't likely to be an "optimizing" issue.    He spent 2 hours trying to prove it was my computers. Finally he got to someone in level I tech support and he did something IN the Verizon system (in house, not my house)  BUT to make the fix permanent he needed to get a level 2-tech support.... ooops by then it was closed.

All this would be bad enough.. Along the way, this "tech" said, "if I'm wrong I can admit it"  When it was proved I was right, that it was ALL my equipment causing the problem..  He refused to say it was their problem.  I can understand a faulted diagnosis path but not the "Blame the customer" attitude" 

I am going to do all in my power to make this tech "man up"  I need an apology in person from this tech for wasting his company’s time and mine though closed minded diagnostic paths, and his customer is wrong attitude!