Gouging customers
mfloydc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not only price gouging, but charging now for routers.  The new Generation 4 router was determined by the repair technician to be the solution to problems I have been experiencing with poor internet in my home network.  Verizon's answer, charge 99.99 dollars for the new router.

I have documented issues with the service, have changed routers from the original twice, and finally had a technician come to the house.  The first thing the tecnician recommended was the new router, to the tune of 99.99 dollars.

If the equipment is needed to make the service work properly, then the fee should be 0.00.  None of the customer service manger personnel will even listen to the concern and make a reasonable decision to waive the 99.99 dollar fee.  They refuse to acknowledge that this is gouging customers./

Obvioulsy, Verizon cares more about customer dollars than providing an excellent product.  The care more about mistreating customers than resolving valid concerns.  

Even when three of the lowest level customer care team members agree the fee is not fair and excessive.  

Even when the repair technician recommends the new router as a solution to an ongoing problem.

Verizon = GREED