HBO Go Not Working
esloneker2432

I've tried for the past several days to log onto HBO Go (I have the Ultimate package with all of the movie channels, so no problem there), and I can't get past the log-in screen.  The message pops up "Pick your TV service provider" and then another asking to log in with my Verizon account information and then, just as it seems everything has been accepted, it just goes back to the original screen.  If I try to watch anything, it asks me to "Sign Up, Sign In or What is HBO Go?" and then the screen goes dark gray if I click "Sign In."  This is very frustrating considering the amount of money I pay to be able to have these services.  What should I do??

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HBO Go Not Working
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well if you are signing in with your email that might be the issue.   to do hbo go you have to sign in with your myverizon.com username   this needs to be the same one that you check your bills.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

well if you are signing in with your email that might be the issue.   to do hbo go you have to sign in with your myverizon.com username   this needs to be the same one that you check your bills.  

0 Likes
samewilson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue, and I had my login AND password correct.  Ended up fixing it by resetting my verizon password.  Hope this helps others out there with the same issue.

hulkman44

I have done alot of digging about this topic and here is what I have concluded. If you are subscribed to HBO and if you confirm that you are using your primary .net email account log in when trying to log in to HBO GO but you are still unable to access HBO GO, then the problem may be with your subscription details. If you log in to the Verizon central site then select ON DEMAND then browse Online TV, the next page has advertising for you to sign up for HBO GO. When I tried to sign in through this method Verizon displayed a message saying that even though I have the full HBO package, I do not qualify for HBO GO. The reason is because your subscription to HBO can not be combined with any other promotional deals. When I originally signed up with FIOS I got a premium package that combined HBO with Showtime and Starz. So since it was a package that included other promotions it disqualifies me. I would have to sign a new deal as a new customer and add HBO as its own package with no other promotions. I know, it makes no sense because I still pay a premium rate. But here is the exact notes from the fine print when I tried to access HBO GO:

Offer for new HBO customers only and expires 10/15/11. Cannot be combined with other promotional content offers accepted within the last 6 months. Discounts applied via bill credits. Beginning month four, standard rates apply. Limit one package promotion per customer. Set-Top Box & other charges, taxes & terms apply. HBO®, Cinemax® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. HBO GO(SM) is free for HBO subscribers with FiOS TV. HBO GO is only accessible in the U.S. where an internet connection is available. All rights reserved. ©2010 Verizon.

0 Likes
glamchic99

i thought that was the issue as well, however i am able to log onto max go, its just hbo go. i've contacted customer support twice and only being told that they are working on it. i'm getting really frustrated right now. i've tried everything, i try to sign on through the verizon site using my user name, and all possible emails, but it still tells me that i have to subscribe to hbo, when i try to subscribe it tells me i can't because i'm alreayd subscribed. i've tried accessing it through the hbo website using all possible methods, username, and email and still told it shows that i am not subscribed to hbo.... i don't understand why this issue is still not resolved. it's been over a year from the msgs i've been reading.

0 Likes
Gemmm43

Been trying since HBO GO came out verizon is no help in solving the issue  I would agree that purhaps the packaging of anything with HBO could be a problem. I have even tried subscribing again and then it says you are subscribed   but still no access says I am not subscribed  very frustrating like 2 monkeys tryin to hump a a greased football.........

0 Likes
Timmyshwagg
Ok, I tried subscribing to HBO go as Hulkman suggested and am just getting an error that states they are unable to process my order at this time. I am not subscribing to any other packages and HBO GO keeps telling me I need to subscribe to HBO through Verizon. This is about the 7th thread I've seen and not one of them has a reply from any Verizon employee. Every time we call the support they have us try all these different things and then tell us it should be fixed in 24-48 hours but then it never gets fixed. I guess I'm going to have to start chasing down other communication channels like Facebook and BBB. It's sad that not one of the support threads have any rep giving info on how to fix it.
0 Likes
bill984

i have hbo go and max go on my android phone, max go works fine (showtime is fine, epix is fine) hbo starts to spin then goes back to main page. uninstalled 5 times and reinstalled still no hbo go.

0 Likes
BobbyM2

I got into HBO today, after about 3months of bull

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes