Have 25/15 internet speed but shows 15/5 when I log in to Verizon Central
Raw75sy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 25/15 internet speed I'm told because I subscribe to extreme HD.  However, when I log into Verizon Central and look at my account summary it shows 15/5 speed.  This keeps me from using Verizon WIfi or email subaccounts.  I have had 3 chat sessions during which the customer service rep logs in as me and sees the correct speed.  I then log in and see it corrected.   All seems well...But the next time I log in it goes back to 15/5.  I have tried cleaning the browser cache of both my browser programs and have tried logging in from several different computers.  It's always the same...15/5.

Has anyone else had this problem?  I'm going to try another chat session...hopefully won't get routed to India...

sg

0 Likes
Re: Have 25/15 internet speed but shows 15/5 when I log in to Verizon Central
argentina1959

this same situation happen to me... ive had the extreme hd bundle at 25/25 then i noticed my speed drop and on verizon central it shows my bundle now has 25/15 i talked to the online rep too and he said my net didnt change maybe if we get a copy of the orignal paperwork that shows ur true net speed will they then change it back... i just created a topic saying if verizon randomly changes our speed and if anyone else knows about these problems... let me know if they resolved you're problem i have yet to fix mine

0 Likes
Raw75sy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think I may have figured out the issue.  There seem to be 2 account numbers associated with my account.  When I log in to Verizon Central it seems to randomly assign one or the other account number to my session.  When one acccount number shows I have 15/5 speed.  When the other shows I have 25/15.  I'll have to call and see what they say.  Interesting.

sg

prisaz
Legend

Use the speed test and find out what you have. Don't believe everything you read.

http://my.verizon.com/micro/speedtest/broadband/

Raw75sy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know that I do have 25/15 speed.  That's not the issue.  Because it's telling me that I have 15/5 it is limiting my access to perks associated with the higher speed such as wifi access and email subaccounts.

s

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@Raw75sy wrote:

I know that I do have 25/15 speed.  That's not the issue.  Because it's telling me that I have 15/5 it is limiting my access to perks associated with the higher speed such as wifi access and email subaccounts.

s

Email sub accounts should be available regardless of the speed. The WiFi I have been less than impressed, unless you spend alot of time in coffee shops. I had tried to use it in D.C. and was not happy. The public Wifi in Philly is better, and I don't like that city.

0 Likes