Having trouble connecting Macbook to wireless FIOS
volboy23

I tried looking online and can't seem to find an answer that will fit my situation.  I don't have a Pro.  We recently got FIOS installed and have the Actiontech router.  I am able to connect other devices and computers to the wireless signal, but can't get my mac to work correctly.  It will recognize the router signal and say it is connected, but I can't get it to bring up the internet once it is connected.  Any help would be appreciated.  

0 Likes
Re: Having trouble connecting Macbook to wireless FIOS
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

mac computers sometimes have problems with WEP security. Try deleting your wireless and then re-enter the wep key on the mac with a $ before the WEP key. This works for a lot of mac computers.

0 Likes
volboy23

I went in and changed the password to WPA as that is better and there were several people saying that should help it, of course after I posted this earlier today.  It still doesn't seem to want to work.  Any thoughts?

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

@volboy23 wrote:

I went in and changed the password to WPA as that is better and there were several people saying that should help it, of course after I posted this earlier today.  It still doesn't seem to want to work.  Any thoughts?

yeah, Mac computers like WPA much better. So if your router is set with WPA and your still having an issue. Then it must be something else.

Do you have other Wireless devices that work? If so, then it is something on the computer itself.

If not, then try removing the wireless security (turn the wep/wpa off) and see if you can connect that way. If so, then it has something to do with the security on the wireless.

If still having issues at this point, and you have no other wireless, then I would suspect the router. (try rebooting and resetting the router, always a good idea to try this) Then if still havng an issue, I'd see if I couldnt get Verizon to replace the router.

0 Likes