How can I file compliant to Customer service or about Customer service?!!!
CustNotHappy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon Manager,

I am writing to you file a formal complaint about the Verizon customer service, and to request the refund regarding my Internet service of Verizon FIOS (Account No. 6703004253) for March 2013. This internet service was meant to be cancelled on 25 February 2013, but was not successful, due to errors by Verizon, until 14 March 2013.

I am a client of Verizon FIOS (Internet + TV) since January 2010. Due to the recent move of my family, I cancelled the service in my old place separately. I had successfully cancelled the TV service on 15 February 2013, prior to the move. And after I moved on 23 February 2013, I called on 25 February 2013 to cancel the remaining Internet service.  

The associate on the phone told me that the Internet cancellation would be effective 26 February 2013, i.e.. the next day. He said I would be receiving a prepaid stamped box, and had to mail back the wireless router. A few hours after the call, I still did not receive any email confirmation, so I logged on my Verizon account and saw the service page showed “unable to retrieve your plan details” – therefore, I assumed that the cancellation was successful.

The said prepaid stamped box was also never received two weeks after the call – I had to come back to my old place several times to check.

On 14 March 2013, I noticed that my credit card has been charged $61.33 by Verizon in March. So I called Verizon at 1-800-837-4966 on 14 March 2013 at 18:01EST to seek clarification, and was informed by the general customer service that the cancellation was never recorded in the system or processed by anyone!! He said the cancellation would be back dated to 26 February 2013 and refund will be proceeded, and then transferred me to your “discontinue service department”.

From there, I was speaking to the associate named Brennan, who insisted that I never called on 25 February 2013, nor there was no records showing that the cancellation request was received, and therefore refused to back date the cancellation to 26 February 2013 – even I had my call phone record in front of me, which indicated that I called Verizon at 1-800-837-4966, on 25 Feb 2013 at 12:57 EST, for 8 minutes!

Brennan went ahead to cancel the service, but did not refund the charge in March, and simply saying that I only called and cancelled the service on 14 March 2013, therefore, no refund whatsoever.

There would be three reasons why my record did not show up: 1) I did not call on 25 Feb; 2) your associate did not put in the record after the call; and 3) your system failed. Basically, your associate Brennan was implying that I am a liar – I never called on 25 February 2013.  

I find this insulting and unacceptable. I requested to speak to her supervisor / manager, and was refused and told that there was no supervisor or manager on duty. She said she will inform the supervisor to call me within 24 hours after this call.

I hope your company record customer service conversation, and you could find the record of my call on 25 February 2013 at 12:57 EST. I don’t know why the Associate I spoke with that day failed to cancel the service, or why you system failed, but again, I find it totally unacceptable that Verizon’s customer need to be punished for the company’s negligence. I also find it insulting that your associate, Brennan, make conclusion without proper investigation or evidence.

FYI – for the reason I stated above, I have disputed the charge of $61.33 with my Credit Card Company. 

I and my family have been a loyal customer of Verizon, as we admire your customer service (in the past), and your job well done to drive away customers. Just after the move, we continued with Verizon FIOS and my husband ordered the internet and TV service immediately.

Now I have a second thought. I guess we should be using the company who appreciates our trust.

Look forward to hearing from you on the way forward.

Regards,

0 Likes
Re: How can I file compliant to Customer service or about Customer service?!!!
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Please go to your profile page for the forum by clicking on your name, and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Private Support Cases".
There you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: How can I file compliant to Customer service or about Customer service?!!!
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

CustNotHappy

Since we haven't heard back from you as requested in your private support case, it appears assistance is no longer required. Please make a new post anytime you need assistance.

Thanks,

Joseph

0 Likes