How do I connect to my router?
Tram20

I have the ip address for my router, but when I put it in I go to a verizon page that asks for my sign in name and password.  How can I find out what those are?

0 Likes
Re: How do I connect to my router?
tns
Master - Level 2

Should default to userid admin and password (serial number on sticker of router).  Typical installs used the original default of admin  and password "password" or chaned the password to "password1", but should have changed at some time to the serial number.

Note, e.g. my case, they must have something wrong as the password of the serial number does not work.  So in that case you can do a modem reset (hold recessed button on back of router about 10 seconds until all the lights blink and it reboots).   After a reset, depending on firmware, it should either reset to admin/password or ask you when you try and login to select a userid and password.

0 Likes
Re: How do I connect to my router?
viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Tram20 wrote:

I have the ip address for my router, but when I put it in I go to a verizon page that asks for my sign in name and password.  How can I find out what those are?

Push and hold for 10 seconds the reset button on the router .

Then when you enter 192.168.1.1 into your broswer the login screen will come up and the userid will be admin and you will be propmted for a new password.  Use whatever you like, just remember what you enter.

0 Likes