How to change the IP address with ActionTec MI424-WR Rev. D
Rimlt

I used to be able to simply release/renew DHCP, but the layout of the UI has changed, and I can't find out how to change the IP.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: How to change the IP address with ActionTec MI424-WR Rev. D
Hubrisnxs
Legend
0 Likes
Rimlt

Those solutions used to work, however for some reason  Broadband Connection (Ethernet) is disabled / down. How do I fix that? 

0 Likes
Rimlt

Even after resetting my router, Broadband Connection (Ethernet) is still disables, and the only thing that's "connected" is the  Network (Home/Office). 

0 Likes
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1

Is your WAN connection to the ONT cat5 or coax?

If it's coax, which is VZ's standard install, it's normal for Broadband(Ethernet) to show as down.

If it's cat5, then you either have a bad cat5 cable, or you're not getting a connection to the ONT.

You can try power cycling the ONT.  Unplug it. then disconnect the battery for 10 seconds, then reconnect both.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

if ethernet WAN is the one that typically is lit, and it not lit on the router, then you might have a problem with the ethernet cable.  Most routers from verizon are coax wan so check if coax wan is enabled or not.  

If it's ethernet wan, and you have reset and reseated the ethernet WAN cable, then remember that there are five ethernet plug ins,  the one from the wall should be plugged where it is labeled WAN.    Also try resetting the ONT.  that might help. otherwise that ethernet might need to be replaced.   you can take the router closer by the ONT if it is far and you can try a new ethernet cable in it and see if that light comes on. 

0 Likes